Committing to Child Survival: A Promise Renewed
Progress Report 2013
In support of A Promise Renewed, UNICEF is publishing yearly reports on child survival to stimulate public dialogue and help sustain political commitment. This year’s report, released in conjunction with the annual review of the child mortality estimates of the UN Inter-Agency Group on Mortality Estimation, presents:
- Trends and levels in under-five mortality over the past two decades.
- Causes of and interventions against child deaths.
- Brief examples of countries that have made radical reductions in child deaths over the past two decades.
- A summary of the strategies for meeting the goals of A Promised Renewed.
- Statistical tables of child mortality and causes of under-five deaths by country and UNICEF regional classification.
The analysis presented in this report provides a strong case for proceeding with optimism. The necessary interventions and know-how are available to drastically reduce child deaths in the next two decades. The time has come to recommit to child survival and renew the promise.View Committing to Child Survival: A Promise Renewed – Progress Report 2013 Executive Summary | English | French | Spanish | Arabic